Being the CEO of a small business can be grueling. Everybody wants a piece of you. Your sales people want a piece of you. The IRS wants a piece of you. Your insurance agent wants a piece of, and your marketing department wants a piece of you. Then factor in the kids little league game, your wife’s birthday and the hamster wheel keeps turning!
If you are the CEO of a small business then knowing and deploying these five tricks will help your stress level and your productivity.
- Learn how to delegate-You must not do everything yourself, nobody can. Learn to do only the things that you are expert at; and, delegate the rest.
- Hire the right people and put the right people in the right seats on the bus-Hiring is very serious business. It is way too costly and way too stressful to hire the wrong person. Make sure that you have a clear understanding of the candidates expectations and skill-sets. Then make sure that they match the needs and qualifications of the job.
- Take a vacation every three months-Yes every three months. Avoiding burn-out is paramount. Please note that a vacation does not have to mean getting on a plane to Tahiti. It can simply mean not going to the office or taking calls while you lounge at home or are on the golf course for a few days.
- Grow yourself-Continued self-development has been proven to help ease the stress and burden of a demanding job like yours. Learn how to meditate. Learn how to visualize. Learn how to calm negative self-talk.
- Have more gratitude-Gratitude gives you altitude. It is imperative that you find ways to have gratitude every single day. Think about it. You are able to read this blog. There are many who are blind. You can hear your kids fighting in the other room. Deaf people cannot. Gratitude is so important that each night before I go to bed I say out loud all of the things that I am grateful for.
Our CEO’s are enjoying another terrific and stress-free year in business. Isn’t it time that you enjoyed that too? If you still feel that you are struggling, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Paul S. Inselman, CEO of Creativecoachingllc.net has formulated a specific step by step process that will help you to become a more powerful business leader. Our clients income has grown on average 150% since 2008. In 2016 alone they were up on average a whopping 44%! In twelve years, I haven’t seen one CEO that executed the steps above and that utilized our procedures that failed to be a better and more powerful leader. Click here for a complimentary and no-obligation 1 on 1 business analysis and strategy session. Find out for yourself where your weaker areas are and how to fix them! Stop wishing, praying and hoping and take the meaningful step that will get you to where you want to be.