Uncertainty is not the friend of small businesses. As a matter of fact business hates uncertainty; just look at what the stock market or bond market does in uncertain times; they usually tank. This article is being written on October 25, 2016. In thirty years from now when somebody is reading this ancient blog, the same principles that I am going to discuss will be relevent.
Economic principles do not change; only the days and years change. Let’s get to it. At present there is major uncertainty in the United States and the world at large. We have a presidential election that will be decided in two weeks. No matter who wins, Trump or Clinton there will be great uncertainty in the air.
- Who will be appointed to the supreme court?
- What will happen with Isis?
- What about race relations in our country?
- How much will taxes go up or down?
- Will they raise the capital gains Tax?
- Will they tax imports?
- Will legalized marijuana lead to more traffic fatalities?
- What about health insurance? As of this writing premiums are anticipated to rise double digits?
- Inflation anyone?
- Are you now certain that there is much uncertainty in the world?
What do have people always done and what will people continue to do in times of uncertainty? They hunker down and don’t spend money unless it is absolutely necessary.
So how do you grow a business in uncertain times?
- Get more exposure-market “harder and smarter” don’t cut advertising
- Get organized-you cannot afford not to get a full sixty minutes out of every hour
- Create written goals complete with meaningful action steps
- Look for opportunity. Is this a good time to acquire your competition? Remember when the stock market crashes it is usually a great time to buy not sell
- Don’t fire your advisers. Their advice is needed most when things are bad. It keeps you from making emotional decisions
- Think outside the box. Utilize strategic-based marketing that will allow you to harness the power of scientific marketing
- Hire a business coach to guide you and hold you accountable. Your coach will help you create or maintain a steady course that will help you achieve your goals faster than you could on your own. Just look at the show Shark Tank. These entrepreneurs get backing and coaching that enable them to break-through to heights they only dreamed of achieving
- Accountability is crucial in tough times. Can you imagine how your business would be if you only implemented half of the great ideas that you had this year?
- Work on your head space. If your head space is stressed, confused, afraid and uncertain it will be difficult to grow your business
- Train your staff. You cannot afford to lose any prospects because of poor training of staff.
If you still feel that you are struggling, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Paul S. Inselman, CEO of Creativecoachingllc.net has formulated a specific step by step process that will help you to become a more powerful business leader. In good economic times and bad, our clients stay ahead of the national growth curves. Our clients income has grown on average 150% since 2008. In twelve years, I haven’t seen one business that executed the steps above and that utilized our procedures that failed to grow their business. We take a top down approach that consists of increasing income, decreasing expenses and protecting your assets. Why am I so confident (100% certainty) that these tips will create better growth and a more successful and fun business? Two reasons: (1) I coach business owners just like you everyday and have seen excellent, duplicative results and (2) Every single day I get a call, email or text from an existing client telling me that since they implemented these procedures and suggestions, they have more money than they ever had before; they love their staff; they are having more fun in business; or they had a record day in sales. Or, they had a record week in collections. Or, they had a record month across the board! Please don’t take my word for it. Click here for a complimentary no-obligation consultation and find out for yourself how I can help you grow your business ethically, legally and with integrity; get more free time and have fun again. Get to the next level and beyond. Stop wishing, praying and hoping and take the meaningful step that will get you to where you want to be.